Thursday, January 25, 2007

Bresson & Akerman, briefly...

The first hopefully useful note is that if you find yourself shopping a lot at Criterion and eating more Ramen noodles and saltines, etc., as a result of that, you may want to consider seeing what you can grab at DVD Planet where, for example, I just picked up a copy of Robert Bresson's Mouchette for $28.87 (including shipping) as opposed to the 10-20% savings plus tax on the $39.99 I would have paid at Barnes & Noble... I don't like to talk about money, but there it is.

Also, I found a great article over at Rouge on Akerman. You may read it here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger irsis said...

Hey Johanna, I tried to leave a comment on your review but couldn't make it happen. Hopefully this will reach you.
Thanks for the comment on my bravenet blog. I'm not sure what happened to the picture you took of me, I'll see if I can get it back on there.
This spainish director sounds pretty cool. Maybe you could let me know of a good movie he directed and I'll rent it from netflix. Take care and stay in touch. I'll try again to leave a comment on your blog.
Dennis

January 31, 2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger Jo Custer said...

Oh, hey -- I just emailed you!

I've heard that Matador is the one to rent, and I think it's coming to DVD soon...through Criterion, which Netflix will have for certain. But I love Talk to Her and All About My Mother...

I reviewed Talk to Her, if you'd like to read it. The review's not great, but it should give you a fair idea.

January 31, 2007 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]